>Back to Careers
Intelligent Interactive Voice and Messaging Systems Developer
About the Role
We are looking for a skilled and motivated developer to work as part of our talented engineering team. The successful candidate will be working on a variety of projects to deliver innovative applications that meet and exceed customers’ expectations.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing plan
- Healthcare benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Downtown Ottawa location
- Conference and training
As part of the role, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing IVRs using a state of the art web-based visual tool to create custom commands for certain series of actions or workflows based on customer requirements. These actions may query datastores, perform geo-location lookups, retrieve information from a CRM web service (using REST APIs) or simply ask the user to interact with the system using speech or text with the purpose to dynamically change the IVR behaviour and provide a personalized call or SMS session. Create schedules and scenarios when the system is to be triggered.
- Creating SMS and messaging applications using WhatsApp (or other) to build new applications that interact with customers using their mobile phone (for example, to buy a pizza, to do their banking, to order a product, etc.).
- Create intelligent outbound SMS or voice calls for appointment reminders, upcoming banking transactions or simply provide instructions to how to get to favorite store.
- Delivering innovative solutions meeting quality, performance, scaling, reusability and functionality requirements
- Looking for opportunities to improve solutions through adoption of latest technologies and methodologies
- Collaborating with customers on pre-production testing and related activities, as well as deployment of applications to production
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Education: a College, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Sciences (or equivalent experience)
- Skills and Knowledge: SOAP, RESTful API, PHP
- Ability to translate vague requirements into complete system designs.
- Understanding and experience implementing programming concepts.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex data, manage multiple projects at a time
- Attitude: Highly motivated, passionate and creative problem solver, high attention to detail with a commitment to quality. Great interpersonal skills, team player, with a customer focused mind.
- Desire to learn, can do attitude.
For bonus points
- Experience with NLP (Natural Language Processing) (SSML), AI, Speech Recognition, Chatbots and integrating and developing REST API’s
- Experience or desire to work directly with customers
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we think you might be a good fit for NetFore, we’ll be in touch soon!